The Welsh Government’s Museums, Archives and Libraries Division has launched its latest survey of museums in Wales.
‘Spotlite’ on Museums is a comprehensive survey of Wales’ museums that was first undertaken in 2006 with follow up surveys in 2011 and 2015. This year we are undertaking a simplified ‘Spotlite’ survey to collect key statistical data to provide an up-to-date picture of the museum sector in Wales.
The questions cover: visitor numbers and engagement; museum finances; volunteers and staff and education work. The data gathered through the survey will be used to inform the next Welsh Government Museum Strategy for Wales.
How to complete the survey
- You can complete the survey online here http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/spotlite2016/
- The data you provide should be for the 2015 calendar year except for the financial questions which ask for information for the 2015/16 financial (1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016).
- You can save and return to the survey online at any time by clicking ‘Save and Continue Later’ at the bottom of any page.
- Alternatively you can complete the survey using the Word version below and email the completed survey to email@example.com
- Spotlite on museums 2016 paper version (Word, 214KB)
- The deadline for completing the survey is Friday 6 January 2017.
Questions about the survey
- The survey is being carried out by South West Museum Development on behalf of the Museums, Archives and Libraries division of the Welsh Government and the information provided will be shared with them. Where presented in public, museums will not be individually identified by their financial information.
- If you have any questions about completing the survey you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the guidance notes (PDF, 333KB)